Ready to take a ride down memory lane? With a distinct retro look and a gorgeous wicker-style basket, this Instagrammable bike was born for long, leisurely rides through the city. In fact, all you need is a baguette and a basketful of flowers to look like you stepped right out of a Pinterest board. Beautiful.
Paying homage to the storied history of British cycling, the Sherwood blends modern components with an elegant, vintage feel you’ll fall head over heels for. In a throwback to Raleigh’s roots, the lightweight frame features graphics inspired by our humble beginnings in Nottingham, coated in a protective lacquer to keep your bike in tip-top condition.
Aside from its dreamy vintage features, the Sherwood has all the fixings of a cracking bike. The iconic steel frame has a relaxed geometry for an upright, easy ride, with additions like a Selle Royal saddle and soft detailed grips keeping you comfy on those longer journeys. Internally routed brake and derailleur cables make looking after your bike a doddle, while colour-coordinated mudguards keep your clothes dry on rainy days. Finished with a handy kickstand and a traditional ding-dong bell, this classic town bike has everything you need to rediscover your city.
Key Features & Benefits
- Low step through frame: to make it easy to get on and off whatever you choose to wear.
- 7 gears and a single chainset set up: keeps it simple and enables moderate inclines to easily be tackled.
- A stylish wicker basket: enables items to easily be carried and the alloy prop stand ensures you can park the bike almost anywhere.
- Frame: Raleigh Classic Aluminium Twin Tube Low Step Women's Frame, Internal Rear Brake and Derailleur Cables, Steering Limiter
- Fork: Raleigh Classic Steel Rigid 22.2mm, Fork Crown with Raleigh Logo
- Number of Gears: 7
- Gear Shifters: Shimano Tourney SL-RS36-7R, 7 speed Revoshift
- Chainset: Raleigh Classic Steel Chainwheel, 42T, 170mm Aluminium Crank, Silver
- Chainrings: 42T
- Rear Cassette: Shimano Tourney AMFTZ5007428, 7 speed, 14-28
- Chain: KMC HV-500
- Front Derailleur: NA
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tourney RD-TY300, 6/7 Speed, Direct Attachment
- Bottom Bracket: Cartridge BB 123mm axle
- Pedals: 9/16" Alloy
- Rims: Double wall 36h, Machined Side Wall, Colour coordinated,
- Front Hub: 36H Nutted Alloy
- Rear Hub: 36H Nutted Alloy
- Front Tyre: CST C1635, 700x45c, Anti Puncture Layer, Reflective Strip, Full Cream
- Rear Tyre: CST C1635, 700x45c, Anti Puncture Layer, Reflective Strip, Full Cream
- Brakes: Aluminium Caliper, Silver
- Handlebars: Aluminium, City, 580mm Wide, High Polished Silver
- Handlebar Grips or Tape: Velo comfort
- Headset: 1.1/8” threaded
- Stem: Alloy Quill Stem / 80mm Extension / 30 Degree Rise
- Saddle: Selle Royal Sky Kennebeck 8084, Silver Rail and Spring, Brown
- Seatpost: 27.2mm x 300mm, Micro Adjust, Alloy
- Accessories: Steel Heritage Style, Rattan effect Basket with handle, Alloy Kickstand
- Weight: 17kg